Wednesday, 20 February 2013
Sunday, 6 May 2012
Streams and rivers form bigger rivers.
Heavy clouds collect on hills and mountain tops
Streamlets flow downhill to join other streamlets
Streams join to form rivers
Saturday, 10 March 2012
Saturday, 11 February 2012
Complete these activities:
Different colour pens, or felt tip pens
Friday, 20 January 2012
2. Write a recount of a day out with your best friend
3. Compose a poem with the title: Friends
9. Write a poem with the title: A World Without Friends
Helpful tips for writing a recount
Aim: To retell events in the order in which they happened (Chronological order).
· Use paragraphs for each new event or when you are in a new place.
· Retell events in the order in which they occurred
· Include only important, memorable or funny things
· Include only factual events and do not include your opinion
· Use your concluding paragraph to state your feelings or views about the whole events
· As this is about you, you can use first person; in other cases, you write in the third person
· You have to write in the past tense since the events have already taken place.
· Use these connectives: Time (at the beginning, firstly, later, finally, meanwhile, following this, later etc) Cause and effect (consequently, depending, as result, so, since, until, depending upon, etc) Contrast (yet, however, on the other hand, however, apart from, despite this, as far as, but, as fro, etc
· Use powerful adjectives and adverbs to add more detail to your sentence (How?)
· Use a variety of sentence types
· Make it clear who did what so write in the active voice (Uwa chopped the tomatoes)
Aim: to help the reader experience what the writer is experiencing.
Top tips for writing description of: My favourite food
Look at it closely - what does it look like? (Colour, appearance)
What does it smell like?
What does it taste like (flavour)?
How does the food make you feel?
Jot down words that come into your mind; use good adjectives to describe these.
You could include the paragraphs on:
· How does it make you feel when you look at it?
· How does it smell like? How does the smell make you feel?
· What does it taste like? Use similes for effect
· Concluding paragraph: sum up the reasons why this food is special to you.
Sunday, 8 January 2012
1. Research other types of calendar systems: Gregorian, Chinese, Jewish, Hindu, Julian and Muslim.
2. What differences can you identify?
3. If you had the power to choose which of the calendar systems to follow, which would you choose and why?
4. Create a birthday calendar of all the children in your class. Include their star signs.
5. Write an explantion text on why seasons occur.
Sunday, 1 January 2012
What your journey was like.
What it was like to finally arrive.
The welcome you received.
Things you have been doing or done.
For your post card:
What picture will you include on the front?
What image will you include on your postage stamp?